11 Sep 2010 1:54 AM #1
[FIXED-283] Form breaks after data enter (0.94)
I noticed a issue with forms.
When you take the forms in the kitchen sink demo and and try to enter data into any of the textfields, after you hit the done button of the keyboard, the design sort of break with a region becoming white.
But this changes imediately after we tap anywhere on the screen. This seems to be a bug.
I tested this in the iphone.
And the textfields are still not responsive to the first click.
21 Sep 2010 2:52 PM #2
Adding some additional detail (I have this problem too and it's preventing us upgrading to 0.95)
Sencha Touch version tested:
- 0.9 rev 5
- custom css (examples/kitchensink/resources/css/codebox.css, examples/kitchensink/resources/css/sink.css)
Platform tested against:
- iOS 3.1.3
- iOS 4.1
- When you click on a text field (so that the keyboard comes up) and then click 'done', the pane does not redraw. As a result, there is a large white space at the bottom. This is a problem for any form, but it's especially tricky if the form is in a toolbar that is docked at the bottom (not included in this example)
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open Kitchen Sink app (on iOS)
- Click 'User Interface'
- Click 'Forms'
- Switch to landscape mode (so that the 'email' text field appears near the bottom of the screen). Note: landscape mode isn't strictly necessary (you just need a text field near the bottom of the screen), but it makes the bug easier to repro.
- Click in the 'email' text field so the keyboard comes up
- Click 'done' on the keyboard
The result that was expected:
- The screen should redraw so the rest of the form is visible. It probably makes sense to keep the clicked text field at the top of the screen, but it's trickier if the text field is inside a toolbar that is docked at the bottom.
The result that occurs instead:
- A large white space is displayed.
Screenshot or Video:
Debugging already done:
- not provided
30 Sep 2010 4:21 AM #3
Is there any update on this bug. Havent heard from any of the sencha folks
4 Nov 2010 12:13 PM #4
Fixed in the most recent release.
By stephen.friedrich in forum Ext 3.x: BugsReplies: 3Last Post: 5 Oct 2009, 11:09 PM
By condit in forum Ext GWT: Bugs (1.x)Replies: 2Last Post: 13 Apr 2009, 5:58 PM
By email@example.com in forum Ext 2.x: BugsReplies: 4Last Post: 22 Feb 2009, 6:14 PM
By mdissel in forum Ext 2.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 6 Sep 2008, 6:17 AM
By paulsschwarz in forum Ext GWT: Bugs (1.x)Replies: 2Last Post: 2 Sep 2008, 4:41 PM