I have developed an open source (LGPLv3) "framework", called Jprovocateur, that allows the rapid development of J2EE applications using Ext J.S .
It combines technologies like Spring Container, Oval Validation, Spring MVC and Ext J.S.
The project is registered in SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jprovocateur/)
You can access the documentation site on http://www.jprovocateur.org and the example app on
I consider that the project is in Pre-Alpha state. More documentation, verification of documentation and examples is required.
I created this post in order for you to have a preview and me to get some feedback.
If you like it and you are interested to help, do not hesitate to contact me.
The following features are included
- Generic Controller that will automatically bind posted values to your objects.
- Automatic conversion of your data to JSON/XML and bind to your Ext j.s Forms/Grids.
- Automatic conversion of business errors to JSON/XML and bind to your Ext j.s Forms/Grids.
- Grid state management in the database.
- Automatic PDF Export of Forms.
- Automatic XLS Export of Grids.
- Flow Controller
- Automatic transaction management.
- Validation based on defined Annotations and user defined business rules.
- Access Rights based on Roles.
- Quartz Scheduler.
- Administration Modules for user/roles/access rights/notifications/distribution lists (OPTIONAL).
- Generic DAO to perform list/create/update/delete operations.
Where/When you can use it:
- Small and medium size business applications.
- Quick results required. You do not want to waste time configuring everything from scratch
- Well defined steps for the analyst-developer-tester.
- Configure the real views instead of creating Mockups.
- Reduced team resources.
- Reduced expertise in Ext J.S/Hibernate/Spring.