Ext User
    Vote Rating
    yprotsenko is on a distinguished road

Default Does GXT allow to create plugins?

Hello

I need to create plugins for my application. Particularly I need to add new functionality to my application without recompiling whole project. Can anybody recommend me solution? I read a lot of forums but didn't find any good way.

Best Regards
    Yuri

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    micgala is on a distinguished road

Can you please rephrase that?

You are dealing with Gwt here. Any client code changes needs a new Gwt compilation.
    There is no way to skip that.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    yprotsenko is on a distinguished road

Your right, it looks like this is gwt problem. But I didn't find any solution in gwt and decided to ask in this forum.
    Let me give example to make my task more clear:
    I have a web application with TabPanel on the main canvas. By default I have four tabs. In some moment I need to add additional tab. The key place is that I want to create new module and create the tab there. And than put some generated result to existed web application to be visible from main application. Is it clear now?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The problem is clear, but unless you can provide some very tight constraints on what you expect to be able to create in this module/tab, you are better off staying away from any framework that requires a compile phase between design and runtime. If you need to be able to draw gwt/gxt components in that new module as well as in the outer section, you will be requiring your users download the basic GXT code twice nearly any way you do this, unless you do a recompile of the outer application. As a thought, if you have a process to compile new plugins, why can this not recompile the existing code as well?

If you only need a little bit of customization, and can describe the possible inner content in model object form, and then parse that object to create new content, you should be able to do this. But this will require a lot of work on your part - every component you wish to create must have a model and code to get it to draw.

Yet another thought could be an iframe in the tab, pointing to a custom form, generated by whatever would normally create the new content, which could then simply post back to your server. Probably wouldn't look as good, but it might let you do what you are try to do.