Thread: FieldSet enable/disable

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default FieldSet enable/disable

Hello,

I've noticed that if I disable() / enable() a fieldset, the widgets included in the set appear as disabled or enabled, but internally they are not disabled [as example, they are validated on form submit]. It seems that the disable and enable methods on fieldsets don't apply recursively to the contained widgets.
    Is this normal?

Thx

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Well, if your validation allows them to be empty, then validating them shouldn't be a problem.

If the user disables them, you can just set them to be empty before disabling, thereby allowing them to pass validation.
    I'm pretty sure disabling a field doesn't remove it from the form - it will still be submitted (I might be wrong, though).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi Pianoroy,

I can confirm that disabled elements aren't checked for validation, so disabled fields can pass validation even if invalid. But this is not a problem.

The problem, from my point of view, is that disabling a FieldSet does not disable the objects it contain, even if they appear visualy disabled (I think it is browser/HTML feature).
    But if they are invalid, the form can't be submitted because for Ext they are still enabled but visually, for the user, they appear as disabled.

I think the disabling a FieldSet (Ext object) should also disable all contained Ext objects too.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I also encountered this problem, except that I was using form layouts rather than fieldsets but this solution should work for you too.

I noticed that disabled items had the class ".x-item-disabled" added to them, so if I check for any parents with that class on the validation event then I can return that item is valid.

Add this to your page:

Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.form.Field, {
    	    validate: function(){
    		if(this.el.findParent('.x-item-disabled')){
    			this.clearInvalid();
    			return true;
    		}
    	        if(this.disabled || this.validateValue(this.processValue(this.getRawValue()))){
    	            this.clearInvalid();
    	            return true;
    	        }
    	        return false;
    	    }
    	}
    );

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Why do you guys start talking about validation? That's not what the question is about.I have the same problem where I enable the fieldset, but visually the fields remain disabled.