I am using a newer version of Gxt to produce dynamic layouted pages. I use it in combination with Vaadin for integration reasons.
When I do the following it works fine in google chrome and firefox 3.5:
1) Create the page: LayoutContainer with BorderLayout
2) Add a ContentPanel to the east area
3) Add a FormPanel 1 to the mentioned ContentPanel
-> After the user triggered an event my code continues with:
4) Add a second FormPanel 2 to the previously added FormPanel 1
5) Add a TextField to the FormPanel 2
6) Add a text, not null, to the TextField
The TextField never appears in IE7 or 8 but in FF. I can see the following error message:
When debugging I can see, that the exception is thrown after Method com.extjs.gxt.ui.client.widget.Text#setText() was called when the component was rendered and so the member 'rendered' is true. Does anybody have an idea why I face this problem with IE? I mean why does this exception come up when trying to set inner html? Unfortunately I do not see any other error messages in IE.
Thanks & Greetings,