Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ExtJS 4 beta/release when?

Ext JS Premium Member

Default ExtJS 4 beta/release when?

I am trying to wait for 4.0 release for a new project. I wonder if the end of February release date is still on target and when 4.0 beta will be out. If I recall, there was a plan to release beta/preview couple weeks after the conference so maybe I missed it but SVN still does not allow access to 4.0 branch.

I am sure everyone on this forum who are in the same position will greatly appreciate any update on beta/release time frame

Thank you,
    Alex

As soon as we can we'll have a release available. We are still confident in an end of February release, we received a lot of great feedback from the conference and based on some of that feedback we re-prioritized some components into this release. The major one being grid, which is being refactored from the ground up and we want to get that into the first alpha. We're solidifying as much as we can while that is being completed, though I'd expect a few components not to be ready for that first alpha (Trees being one that comes to mind). I'd say within 11 days we'll have that alpha out.

Ext JS Premium Member

Great news, thank you!!

If I understand correctly, Stores and related components are shared with Touch and will be of production (or close) quality even in first alpha releases?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Great news, thank you!!

If I understand correctly, Stores and related components are shared with Touch and will be of production (or close) quality even in first alpha releases?
    In general, this is correct.

hi jamie,

i am really exited about the new ext4 - gridPanel and if it can compare to the benchmarks of my tobiuGrid. i was really busy during the last weeks, but i am hoping to at least post an enhanced version of the testcase i took my numbers with soon. i hope hidden columns wont get rendered anymore and state-restoring will surpress the events before it is completed in this version or i will have to reinvent the wheel. again

best regards
    tobiu
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

Any news?

Ditto - I was just looking for an update on ExtJs 4 too.

You guys aren't alone But i understand how frustrating it must be for the developers to have people asking about it every 2 days..

But.. also, i cant wait for ExtJS 4.0!

Sencha User

better wait for stable release. i myselft used 3.3 and some ux from older release.New release ext 4 mean more testing.

Sencha User

I too am waiting for the news. I understand development goes over the schedule, unexpected problems arise and whatnot... But is it too much to expect a little professionalism from Sencha? They have a bad track record of broken promises and delays. If release announcement is made they should stick to it or communicate clearly about delays... Some vague responses on the forum do not constitute as official. We for example have put entire project on hold to wait for ExtJS 4. I really hope that February 28 deadline is still the target... For now I remain optimistic.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast