Thread: Why can't we reply to Premium Help posts?

Question Why can't we reply to Premium Help posts?

I can see not creating new threads, but I see a lot of questions that could be addressed/contributed-to by us 'non-premium's.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

I will bring this issue up with Jack and or Brian once I get a hold of them.
    Jon
    Lead Internal Application Engineer - SugarCRM
    h2ik.co

Yes, I like the idea of the possible reply.

Of course we can't create new threads, but replying would make sense since we can also read the stuff in there. Why should help by non-prem's be blocked :-).

I agree this is a bit of an inconvenience but I can see some of the reasoning behind it... I think if us non-premium users were allowed to reply in these threads, you'd get a lot of users inadvertently asking for help. It's pretty easy to miss which forum you are in when you click on a search result! "When you say such and such, do you mean this or do you mean that?" "Why doesn't this work with the following code?" etc. I can see it getting out of hand quickly. There are always Private Messages when you have something to contribute...

JC poses a good point. But at the same time, being a long time Ext user, I can't help but feel like the Premium users have become the 'in crowd' and the rest of us get to either pay, or just watch. I can't tell you how many times I've had answers to Premium posts but havn't been able to actually answer them. I've given up and stopped reading/watching those forums all together at this point, and instead spend more time read/watching/replying to the others.

Cool Before you were a 'Premie', you weren't.

I don't know about that.

Just because you paid for a license (in utter excitement 2-days after you saw some stellar Ext example pages) doesn't make you any less needy for tips, pointers, or alternatives from ANY member of the Ext fan-club. I personally would like to here about solutions from anyone who will take the time to offer them...

and..
    "Why doesn't this work with the following code?"
    I've seen this a lot pre and post-premie anyway.

I just hope the Premie's (I've done it now !) don't spend all their time on one forum. There are some great extensions/overrides out there they'd be missing out on. Great learning tools.

Might even take some of the stress off : support.push( 'Animal', 'Jack', ... );
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Quote Originally Posted by hendricd View Post
    Might even take some of the stress off : support.push( 'Animal', 'Jack', ... );

Ext User

I think its fine the way it presently is. Premium members are free to post on regular forums and should realize that the community might be able to respond to their questions faster than the Ext team. Ofcourse they might not get the best or even the correct answer from the community in which case the can choose to post on the premium forum where correctness is guaranteed, even if that means waiting several hours or a couple of days before they get an answer.

Sanjiv

Exclamation Posting in premium forums minimizes quick response!

I tried to help a guy who posted on a premium forum, but since I don't have permission I couldn't. So posting questions in premium forums actually minimizes the possibility for a quick answer!
    In any case there should be premium users so that Ext staff could try to answer their posts before non-premium users.

Sencha User jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krause View Post
    I tried to help a guy who posted on a premium forum, but since I don't have permission I couldn't. So posting questions in premium forums actually minimizes the possibility for a quick answer!
    In any case there should be premium users so that Ext staff could try to answer there posts before non-premium users.
    1) this is an ooold issue.
    2) Premium members can help other premium members.
    3) It's ultimately the Ext company's responsibility to answer questions in that forum. The people pay for that service!

for the record, i understand what you're saying - just saying that it's not an issue. If a customer feels that they are not being tended to quickly enough, they should bring it up to the Ext staff.