18 Jan 2011 12:59 AM #1
Real Time File Sharing / iTunes Files Sync (Aral CMS)
In this post I wanna show the new features develop on my Aral Project.
In details, the video below will focus on:
- File Upload from your iPad sync directly with iTunes to Aral Sencha application.
- Real time file sharing of every kind of files from users on the same Network.
In the second half, is shown how you can upload the new files to your Aral remote disk and share them with another online user in real time during a chat session.
The application is build for 95% in Sencha Touch framework and for the remaining 5% in Objective C.
All the animations are maked with CSS3, obviously, no Adobe Flash and Phone GAP was used in this video.
As always, any feedback from the community is really appreciated .
Hope you like it.
18 Jan 2011 1:28 AM #2
Hi Andrea, impressive work. Just a tech note, what you are showing is an app and you are running sencha touch app in a xcode web view?
18 Jan 2011 1:37 AM #3
8 Feb 2011 12:29 PM #4
I've gotten as far as using phonegap to capture an image from my iphone, but I'm confused as to how to upload it to my server. Is there a part of the sencha touch library that will accept a file URI, convert that to binary and upload it to a url on my server? I'm starting to think that I may need to use a plugin or something in phonegap for this. What did you use for your file upload process?
9 Feb 2011 1:38 AM #5
I'm personally not a big fan of PhoneGap, but don't get me wrong, I think it is a great way to wrap Sencha Touch application inside a native App with support of some native iOs feature like get picture from camera.
For this reason I really suggest PhoneGap to people don't wants mess with Objective C.
However, I decided to use a different approach for this, bacause I made a mix of Sencha Touch with native Objective C code, without PhoneGap integration. As you can see from the posted video in fact, I'm even able to sync files directly from iTunes and this is actually not possibile if you don't know a little of Objective C.
Actually, I don't think there is a plugin from Sencha or PhoneGap that allow you to do the same.
However, to upload files to my server, I get the byte array from the file I want to upload, convert it in Base64 string and I call my WebService able to save the incoming file inside the user remote directory.
I hope this reply to your question.
If not feel you free to ask, I will reply asap.
By AndreaCammarata in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Examples and ShowcasesReplies: 24Last Post: 10 Jan 2012, 1:28 AM
By AndreaCammarata in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: Examples and ShowcasesReplies: 0Last Post: 4 Nov 2010, 6:42 AM
By ext1974 in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 2 Mar 2010, 6:12 AM
By wp.joju in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 17 Feb 2010, 9:21 PM
By jwhetsto in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 2 Feb 2010, 10:57 AM