6 Feb 2011 4:29 PM #1
[OPEN-762] Problems with Sencha Touch on Samsung Galaxy
Hi, I am new to mobile phones, so forgive me if I post problems that can be resolved by changing phone settings. However, I cannot find anything yet. So here goes.
I have started testing our Sencha Touch application on a real phone (Samsung Galaxy) and I found a number of problems. All these problems are NOT happening in Google Chrome or on phone simulators. The problems are:
1) Password field in forms show real characters instead of stars
2) Audio and Video objects do not work. Audio control is shown without a button to play it and the video control shows the button but nothing happens when you click on it
3) When you enter data into text fields on forms the screen jumps up and down - when you enter one character the current field goes off the screen, but then comes back when you type the next character. I found a similar report on the forum but no resolution.
We need the resolution ASAP
10 Feb 2011 10:22 PM #2
This doesn't work in the Kitchen Sink sample applications either. Exactly the same problems - password fields are shown, video cannot be played and the screen jumps up and down when entering text.
Is this a bug or some settings in the phone? I am using Android 2.2 Froyo.
Any confirmation from the Sencha Team?
14 Feb 2011 3:09 AM #3
I found other problems on Samsung Galaxy.
- I have a toolbar with a button and a listener click function on the button. The code within the function is not executed, although it works fine on iPhone.
- The alert boxes are not closing when you press the close button. I noticed this in the TravelMate app (http://jag.gr/tm). Again, it works on iPhone.
23 Nov 2011 4:15 AM #4
sencha touch application problem on Galaxy tab and Ipad
whatever the errors mentioned above i am also facing the same problems on galaxy tab ..and more problem is some times application terminating on both Galaxy and Ipad..This is major problem for me...
If u have any solutions plz reply me..[Priority High]
Thanks in advance..Sameer Khan
1 Apr 2012 1:45 PM #5
Touch demos does not work on Samsung Galaxy Tab
I too have problems running touch on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: None of the demos on the Sencha site works with the browser (is it Chrome?). Also, I have tried installing Opera and Firefox, just to rule out any specific problems with Chrome (?). But no, that didn't help at all - the screen comes out blank and the source shows the Touch code/script references
In fact, the Sencha web pages comes out partially blank.
Has the Galaxy Tab at all been tested with the Sencha products?
I was looking for a toolkit that would take care of the different browsers and ensure that the rendering was the same for the various browsers, but from what I have seen so far, Sencha doesn't seem to provide this functionality... Please tell me I'm wrong...
By Ploetzi in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: BugsReplies: 1Last Post: 2 Feb 2011, 10:40 PM
By Ploetzi in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 2 Feb 2011, 10:40 PM
By steve1964 in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 14 Jan 2011, 12:09 AM
By hectorgarrofe in forum Sencha Touch 1.x: BugsReplies: 1Last Post: 7 Oct 2010, 10:43 AM