Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JS Builder: Drag & Drop does not work

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default JS Builder: Drag & Drop does not work

in any window of JS Builder. The cursor only changes when drag a folder onto the left pane of the main form and when I drop the folder there nothing happens.
    Dragging files and folders onto other lists does not work, the cursor does not even change. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Vote Rating

Dragging folders to the "folders" tree should work. The other lists only drag and drop with each other (not Windows).

If it doesn't work I have no clue what could be wrong.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Ok, it works for all folders but the one that is specified in the output directory. So I had to change the output directory, then add the folders and then change the output directory back to the folder that dragged & dropped. When I reload the folder, the folders in the folder tree are gone again. It seems like this is by design? Why is that? I would like to have my build in a sub folder of my project like this:

project
    source - my code is here
    build - compressed code should go here

It crashes also on "loading build targets" when you don't specified any build target. I don't need a output file that includes everything.

Is there a way to speficy what text to append to the compressed files? I do not need/want the "-min" appendix on my compressed files since they are all in a different folder anyway.

Thanks! Very cool tool.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Sorry, my post did not get the project hierarchy right, here again:

project
    ---source
    ---build

Vote Rating

AgeKay,

Thanks for taking the time to explain your problem. If you could post a compressed list of everything that makes it crash for you, that would really help me out.

As for your output directory filtering, you can remove $output under the Build->Options->Ignore folders. One question though, why would you want you output directory to appear in the list? I use the same sub directory structure you are describing and ignoring it is a must for me.

Jack

Ext User
    Vote Rating

The only thing I experience that makes JS Builder crash is when I do not specify an output file in the list below "Combine compressed files to create specific output files".

I need the output directory to appear in the list so that I can select the files for the build process.
    So I set "Output Directory" to <Path>\<Project>, then I check "compress the source files and copy them to the following directory" and enter $output\build. So that it ends up like this:
    <Project>
    ---source (this is the folder that I drag to the folder list, so that I can select the files)
    ---build

Could you please answer my other question in my previous post regarding the "-min" appendix?

Vote Rating

The output directory doesn't need to be in the list to specify $output\build, just so you know. Selecting files in the output as part of the input doesn't make a lot of sense since they won't exist until building.

I will fix that crash bug.

ould you please answer my other question in my previous post regarding the "-min" appendix?
    I will add a new field to the options screen to specify your own suffix (or leave it blank).

I plan on devoting a little time to JSBuilder soon, when I do I will correct these issues.

Jack

Ext User
    Vote Rating

The output directory doesn't need to be in the list to specify $output\build, just so you know. Selecting files in the output as part of the input doesn't make a lot of sense since they won't exist until building.
    How do I select the files then if I do not add the source folder (which resides in the output directory and is therefore ignored) to the folder list?

Vote Rating

According to your structure above, "build" would be your output directory and it is a sibling of source.

Suppose you project was in c:\projects\yui-ext:

project is in dir->c:\projects\yui-ext
    output dir->c:\projects\yui-ext\build
    folder you want to add to folders list -> c\projects\yui-ext\source
    compress and copy files to -> $output

Make sense?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Ok, makes sense. But there is a problem with this. JS Builder won't let me change the path for "Compress the source files and copy them to the following directory" which defaults to $output\build, so it would end up in c:\projects\yui-ext\build\build (using your example). Whenever I enter something in that textbox, it undoes it and moves the cursor to the first character of the text box. Do you have the same problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast