Thread: outdated tutorial

Sencha User

Default outdated tutorial

the tutorial here:
    http://www.sencha.com/learn/Tutorial:Ext_Menu_Widget
    is so woefully out of date that it will confuse and frustrate more than help anyone trying to learn about toolbars and menus.
    maybe it should be either updated or removed as it defeats the purpose?

Yeah, noticed a ton of stuff is out of date, and there are even problems with the API Docs not working correctly in Chrome.

Kind of disappointing to find such a lack of resources after joining a new dev team and finding out I'd be using Ext.

Not to mention sencha.com having so many problems--timing out, bad gateway responses, DB error messages when trying to view the site.

My excitement for learning a/this new JS framework is quickly fading.

Give them another chance. I know that first impression can ruin things but you just started at awkward time Just stay and you'll find out that Sencha community have a lot to offer
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Thanks, eljko. I didn't mean to sound disparaging; I'm just concerned about my own ramp-up time here and sweating a little.

Ext definitely appears to be the right framework for the project. I don't know of any other that creates such a rich UI that will gives us that Web 3.0 site-as-an-application feel we're looking for.

Glad to be learning it!

We all did our sweating while learning ExtJs
    Whenever you encounter some problem try to search it on help forum. When I was starting, I found out that majority problems I had were already solved by someone. And if you can't find the solution don't hesitate to ask. Someone will surely answer it. I don't remember waiting for help more then a day.
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding