10 Things I noticed
Not all of these are new feature requests, but here are 10 things I made notes on while testing Sencha out for a few days.
- Add right click functionality. A contextual menu would be most appreciated for both the timeline and editing elements on the stage.
- Images seem to cache. I'm using SVG's as images and I often edit them after they've been added to the project. However the changes won't show up in Sencha until after I restart the program.
- Would be nice to be able to switch out of designer mode and work directly on the HTML/CSS. I'd like to be able to do some things without using the design interface.
- This kind of goes along with #3, but I'd like to write my own font styles to use throughout the project. It would be nice to be able to select h1, h2, h3, etc. somewhere in the "Type" panel instead specifying styles over and over each time I add text.
- A recent project's list would be nice to have so you don't have to browse to find the project each time you restart.
- When an object is selected using the arrows on the keyboard should nudge the object 1px at a time instead of moving the stage up/down.
- Pressing space bar should pull up a grab handle that allows you to pan around the stage
- Would be nice to add a hover class to an object in the same panel allows you to add a click URL
- Rulers & guides would be nice to have when laying things out on the the stage
- After I test an animation in the browser or switch scenes the timeline view changes back to the default state. Containers I previously had expanded are now closed and the zoom level I had previously chosen switches back to the default 1x magnification.
Thanks for great suggestions and feedback.
To expand point 5, I'd really like a better intro screen.
Why do I have to click once on the splash image each time? A single screen with recent projects, this would also have the controls for creating a new project all in one place. It would make starting up much quicker.
And how about some templates?