Thread: New Drag and Drop Package checked in

Vote Rating

Default New Drag and Drop Package checked in

The original thread for this post is http://www.yui-ext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1712. I thought I would bump it into here in case anyone has questions or comments.

---

The package extends YUI Drag Drop and makes it usable in real applications. For example, the DragZone and DropZone enable brokered DD elements, instead of a new DD object for every child. This means when you have a lot of drag items your browser won't die. Testing it with a tree loaded with 1000 draggable nodes and the performance is exactly the same as with 10 nodes. It also adds animated "repair" and highlighting on invalid drops. It adds a drop allowed/not allowed (or custom icon) to the drag proxy. ScrollManager will automatically scroll any registered overflow elements while dragging.

The best feature though is it "reverses" YUI's drag drop events. Instead of having to track everything with the item being dragged (who thought of that?), instead the targets respond to dragged items being over/dropped on them (like traditional desktop drag drop). This makes life so much easier and was essential for the tree (and for the grid DD rewrite coming soon).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Documentation?

I'd love to mess around with DragZone and DropZone, but have trouble finding the documentation about these two items. Any pointers?

Vote Rating

Should this update the revision number in SVN?

I'm not really sure how often you update the SVN version, but even if you do, I don't think I've ever seen the revision number change, so I just assume there hasn't been any update. Yes/no?

Vote Rating

There are no docs yet (only the examples). I will be documenting it before the release of course.

I don't know about the SVN revision number to be honest. I can check in and check out, beyond that I am a newbie.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Just for the record, *any* commit [checkin] made to an SVN repository updates the revision number by 1. This is part of the beauty of SVN, every 'set of changes [changeset]' can be uniquely determined, rolled-back, merged into other branches etc. This is at odds with say the VSS approach where each file has its own seperate version, which makes a lot of code archaeology type problems a royal pain-in-the-a

Vote Rating

That was my understanding as well. Perhaps the issue is just with google code then?