Thread: Extjs 4 is even slower than 3?

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default Extjs 4 is even slower than 3?

A few weeks ago I started using Extjs 4 to build company's CMS, but I found that 4 is even slower than 3 by 3 times, I feel the animation lag even when open a simple grid window! I tested in all browsers the problem is most obvious in IE and, Chrome looked fine but performance issue still exists.

I 100% understand and tolerant existence of bugs as it's the first release of Extjs 4, but the performance issue has really disappointed me and totally go against Sencha's ads word: "faster".

I'm not sure if Sencha team has or is going to look into this, I'm thinking about jumping to another framework like jQuery or Mootools.

My point is, Sencha please look into it and work it out ASAP before your users get "TOO FAR".

Please tell me what you guys think

Thanks
    SiteEx: http://www.1000kk.cn

Please provide a code example, please.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by ligaard View Post
    Please provide a code example, please.
    please! no need to ask for code examples to prove how much slow is extjs4 compared to 3

IT IS SLOW ! IT IS A FACT, everyone who uses extjs in real applications can confirm that.

We're finding that Ext 4 needs some optimizations to prevent "layout storms" in deeply nested layouts. Unfortunately, the more nested the application the worst the visual performance is. We're working hard on resolving this. To the extent you can share a use case, the more helpful we can be in fixing your specific problem.

For the record, we're not saying there's no problem, but the more you can share with us the better. And to the extent we know about these issues, the more we can commit to fixing them.

Specifically the doLayout function is very very very slow, which is totally unacceptable.

actually, I just noticed that sencha has removed some statements from extjs 4 product page. no longer see something like "extjs4 is faster than 3" or "extjs4, the fastest extjs ever" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by andy13c72back View Post
    A few weeks ago I started using Extjs 4 to build company's CMS, but I found that 4 is even slower than 3 by 3 times, I feel the animation lag even when open a simple grid window! I tested in all browsers the problem is most obvious in IE and, Chrome looked fine but performance issue still exists.

I 100% understand and tolerant existence of bugs as it's the first release of Extjs 4, but the performance issue has really disappointed me and totally go against Sencha's ads word: "faster".

I'm not sure if Sencha team has or is going to look into this, I'm thinking about jumping to another framework like jQuery or Mootools.

My point is, Sencha please look into it and work it out ASAP before your users get "TOO FAR".

Please tell me what you guys think

Thanks
    SiteEx: http://www.1000kk.cn

Sencha User

Default Ext Js 4 is very very slow than extjs 3.3.3

The doLayout() and also the setActiveTab() is very very slow as compare to ext 3.3.3.

Sencha User

There are a number of more current threads regarding 4.x performance. Please use those.