Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: API Documentation Content Bugs

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The Application Archtecture guide (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...n_architecture) Controller example is missing quotation marks

Code:
    'useredit button[action=save]': {
                    click: this.updateUser
                }
    should be

Code:
    'useredit button[action="save"]': {
                    click: this.updateUser
                }

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

In Ext-4.0.2 RC3

multiSelect and stripeRows properties missing from Ext.grid.Panel

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by batweasel View Post
    The Application Archtecture guide (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...n_architecture) Controller example is missing quotation marks
    Works for me without quotes. See also examples from the releases

Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...n_architecture mention for file structure directory [ext-4.0] but http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...etting_started said [extjs]. In practice, the dot break in .NET MVC so the latest should be used.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Would be nice if Ext.grid.feature.RowWrap class was included in the API.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

[4.0.2] On the main page links to examples of version 4.0.1

Vote Rating

Default Make documentation of AbstractPlugin useful.

The current documentation - ExtJS 4.0.2 - just states obvious, but not useful, things about plugins. What I would request is that the documentation does the following:

- What is a plugin in ExtJS. The word plugin is used throughout programming and beyond, so it needs to be stated what a plugin is in the ExtJS context.
    - What the difference between a plugin and a mixin. When should I choose to implement a plugin and when would I rather choose to implement a mixin.
    - Example code presented in a tutorial like style, i.e. showing how to implement a plugin with comments, explanations and considerations.
    - It should also be stated that a plugin makes some assumptions about where it is used (I often meet the misconception that a plugin can be used in any class, which is not the case).

Ref.: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...AbstractPlugin

Vote Rating

Default Provide turorial on when to implement a mixin instead of doing something like inherit

Mixins are new to ExtJS 4. A tutorial on when and why you should consider to implement a mixin is needed. The tutorial should provide information on the differences between a normal class (one that you would 'requires:' or 'uses:') and 'mixins:'.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Documentation Suggestion: Store Filtering

The documentation for filtering a store provides examples based on passing in filter configs... but lacks the demonstration of passing in a pre-instantiated filter...

The reason I think this is important is because when you pass in a filter config - AbstractStore::decodeFilters() applies the root:'data' property to the config for you... When one of the filters you're applying to the store is already instantiated, this isn't done for you - so it goes without saying - the filter wont work as expected!

Example:

BAD FILTER

Code:
    store.filter(Ext.create('Ext.util.Filter',{
         property: 'fname',
         value: 'Jared'
    }));

GOOD FILTER

Code:
    store.filter(Ext.create('Ext.util.Filter',{
         property: 'fname',
         value: 'Jared',
         root: 'data'
    }));
    I don't think its something that necessary requires a large gravity of attention, but if you could add to the examples (within the store documentation) an example of adding an instantiated filter - I think it may help folks that run into the problem like I did

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Post [EXTJSIV-2352] - constrainTo not documented on Ext.window.Window still not documented

In the 4.0.2 release notes, Documentation Updates says [EXTJSIV-2352] - constrainTo not documented on Ext.window.Window, but this is still not documented in the Ext JS 4.0.2 API Documentation page

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast