Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: API Documentation Content Bugs

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...ic-method-load

First line of the example:

Code:
    MyApp.User = Ext.define('User', {
    Would be better as:

Code:
    Ext.define('MyApp.User', {

Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...hart.axis.Axis

The example at the top of the Axis docs features a label config option but this option isn't documented anywhere.

Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...ntainer.Border

In the border layout docs there is this line in the example:

Code:
    split: true, // enable resizing
    As far as I can tell, that's the only documentation that exists for this option. I think it's worthy of an entry in the notes, explaining what split means (it isn't obvious why split = resizeable) and that it's an option of border layout and not the child component.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Not sure whether this is considered a docs bug or a code bug - it's an issue with comments in the uncompressed source.

For some reason, IE8 chokes (I get an "Expected ':'" error on the next uncommented line) on comments which begin //@, such as
    Code:
    //@private
    It seems the convention at Sencha is to include a space, as in
    Code:
    // @private
    Where this is followed (ie with a space) there's no problem, but there are a handful of cases where the space has been missed and that completely breaks vanilla IE8 in my dynamic loading debug environment.

For example, AbstractContainer.js line 825 (4.0.7rc3), before the definition of onEnable.

If this could be fixed on your end at some point it'd be handy. Thanks.

Edit: After further investigation, it appears this is only a problem when conditional compilation is turned on, ie with //@cc_on before ext source is loaded.

Vote Rating

Default Ext.container.Container.add

Documentation for http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...ner-method-add doesn't explain that you can pass an integer as the first parameter to indicate where you'd like to insert the new component.

I found this out by reading the source since it seemed wrong when the documentation didn't show any way to insert a component anywhere but at the end. The following code proves that it works. Is that not supported?

PHP Code:
    // Explicitly create a Container
    var cont Ext.create('Ext.container.Container', {

layout: {

type'hbox'

},

width400,

renderToExt.getBody(),

border1,

style: {borderColor:'#000000'borderStyle:'solid'borderWidth:'1px'},

defaults: {

labelWidth80,

// implicitly create Container by specifying xtype

xtype'datefield',

flex1,

style: {

padding'10px'

}
        },

items: [{

xtype'datefield',

name'startDate',

fieldLabel'Start date'

},{

xtype'datefield',

name'endDate',

fieldLabel'End date'

}]
    });

cont.add(1, {xtype'datefield'fieldLabel"in between"}) 
    You can type that code into the editable example for Ext.container.Container documentation.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Juanito - that works but I don't believe it's supported behaviour. The method to do what you want is 'insert', which (as it's currently implemented) uses exactly the trick you've found:

Code:
    //From Ext.container.AbstractContainer
    insert : function(index, comp) {
        return this.add(index, comp);
    }
    Of course, this implementation is subject to change. I'd stick with insert if I were you!
    Last edited by Rob Hogan; 20 Oct 2011 at 6:22 AM. Reason: typo

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

The Ext.form.field.Checkbox.setValue(checked) method is in incorrectly documented.

According to the doc, checked can be Boolean/String, but it also can be an array.

See the source code for this method.

Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...-initComponent

Could the docs for initComponent be enhanced to explain how to access the config options passed to the constructor? I suspect this wouldn't be obvious to people who haven't used it before.

Vote Rating

Not sure if this counts as a docs content bug or not, but I noticed that in the docs for Ext.chart.series.Area, under the "Files" section, Area.js is listed twice. Turns out, this is because the class is actually defined twice in src/chart/series/Area.js. Running a diff on the two definitions shows only two changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by line 706
    /**
    * Un-highlights un-highlights the specified item. If no item is provided it will un-highlight the entire series.
    * @param {Object} item {Object} Info about the item; same format as returned by #getItemForPoint
    */
    unHighlightItem: function(item) {
    So I'm guessing the double-define is just a mistake.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default When a component relay events, the events should also emerge in the API.

I have been working with Ext.grid.column.Template, and discovers to my big surprise that it actually has a well functioning and very usefull click event. It comes with a lot of usefull parameters, and after some detective work, it appears to be an itemclick event from Ext.panel.Table that is transformed by Ext.view.Table.processItemEvent and relayed.

It seems that there are a lot of event relaying going on, without anything is showing up in the API.
    If I can't find the events in the API, then how am I supposed to know that they are there?

The event relaying is both clever and highly useful, but it needs to be in the API for us to benefit from it.

/Ozone

PS. I really wanted to try out your new API comments system, but I couldn't quite figure out where to put this, since it seems to be a somewhat general problem (and I definately couldn't put it under the missing click event of Template ). But it seems to be a great replacement/supplement to this thread, so next time I hope to stumble upon something more specific!

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast