Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ExtJs 4 - SLOW AS HELL

Due to the impact related to this issue, we have to defer this issue to the next major or minor release.
    Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Ext JS 4 is going to be slower at startup however in any test case I have personally built I don't see these performance issues people are complaining about. I'm not saying there are no performance issues, I'm just not seeing them.
    mitchell, sorry but are you all blind at sencha? have you tried this simple example :

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?133134-VERY-SLOW-behavior-of-fields-in-nested-panels-(compared-to-extjs-3)

if you don't see (or don't want to see) the performance issue, then we don't see why we would buy ExtJs 4.0

Sencha User

Mitchell,

Thanks..but does this mean that no love or overview have been given to this issue in 4.0.2 at all ? If so i jump to soon on ExtJS 4, because it sure shows its effect in my tests that makes is a no-go.

Confirming that there's an issue. We are looking into this. Expect some guidance soon.

If you try explicitly setting a layout (ie layout: fit) does the performance improve?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I use forceFit and flex on my grids.

I have a Mac so of course I cannot test IE unless crippled in VirtualBox or something which I will not state if it's slow there or not as it's not a reliable platform to run a benchmark on.
    Fair enough... and generally speaking, the Mac is better performing than Windows with 4.0 (although in my app, there's still an annoying 1/2 second lag when the grid initially populates or when the browser window is resized on Chrome on the Mac - it's like an extended 'hiccup' before the scroller appears on the grid)...

stevil

Quote Originally Posted by abe.elias View Post
    Confirming that there's an issue. We are looking into this. Expect some guidance soon.

If you try explicitly setting a layout (ie layout: fit) does the performance improve?
    all my app's containers that use Grids are using fit. Frankly, I think it's the layout that's killing it - I have a container in a center Border region that I use to dynamically instantiate Grids based on the request (because you can't directly add/remove a region after it's created). My delays occur on data load (between unmasking the Grid and the scroller appearing), OR when the browser is resized (takes seconds on IE before the scroller appears).

Thanks for the response to the thread - really appreciate it!

stevil

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

I said I personally don't see the issue therefor it's hard for me to help debug the situation. Core devs are aware that people are experiencing performance problems, I am offsite so it's hard to find out what they know and what they are doing about it. If I could see the issues, I would definitely help find out what the problem is. I think Ext JS 4 is a great framework, if I could dump 3.x for what I am doing then I would. It's just hard for me to help with just code but I cannot reproduce it. The problem is on Windows with FF and IE looks like but I cannot test it.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User

Red face Problem solved

ExtJs 4.0.2 - problem solved.. tnx to Sencha Dev team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ai_boy View Post
    ExtJs 4.0.2 - problem solved.. tnx to Sencha Dev team!
    Not for me it isn't. Chrome is wicked fast, but my grid in a container in a border layout, under IE9, takes about 2-3 seconds from the time the grid data arrives until the grid and browser are usable. In the interim, the browser is hung. Under IE8 it's 5-7 seconds until it's usable.

The problem also occurs when I resize the browser window - it takes the same about of time I indicated above to re-layout the page.

stevil

P.S. Allow me to say that it IS an improvement over 4.0.1 - it's just not really usable in IE.

Sencha User

for sure, 4.0.2, is an improvement concerning performance. (lots of bugs are fixed too)

BUT : the overall behavior, is still slower than 3.3

for example (in the context of a real application, not in the demo examples)
    _ Simply Moving a window is slower, it moves smoothly in 3.3 and not in 4.0.2 (with same application / same browser)
    _ Switchting from a tab to another (in tab panels) is Immediate in 3.3, there is a delay in 4.0.2
    _ Scrolling a grid with the vertical scrollbar is smooth in 3.3, slow in 4.0.2 (with the same grid)
    _ Collapse / Expand a panel (with collapsible : true) is much slower in 4.0
    and so on...

this is what makes people say that ext4 is slower than 3, we don't really see the benefit of using 4.0 yet (except for the Charts objects)

I think sencha should really take care of optimizing all this before adding new functionalities

Quote Originally Posted by tprodigy1 View Post
    for sure, 4.0.2, is an improvement concerning performance. (lots of bugs are fixed too)

BUT : the overall behavior, is still slower than 3.3

for example (in the context of a real application, not in the demo examples)
    _ Simply Moving a window is slower, it moves smoothly in 3.3 and not in 4.0.2 (with same application / same browser)
    _ Switchting from a tab to another (in tab panels) is Immediate in 3.3, there is a delay in 4.0.2
    _ Scrolling a grid with the vertical scrollbar is smooth in 3.3, slow in 4.0.2 (with the same grid)
    _ Collapse / Expand a panel (with collapsible : true) is much slower in 4.0
    and so on...

this is what makes people say that ext4 is slower than 3, we don't really see the benefit of using 4.0 yet (except for the Charts objects)

I think sencha should really take care of optimizing all this before adding new functionalities
    +1
    Best Regards,

Ramzi Youssef
    MEDIACEPT Technology

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast