Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ExtJs 4 - SLOW AS HELL

Due to the impact related to this issue, we have to defer this issue to the next major or minor release.
    Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by stevil View Post
    ... I'll repeat a request for a sticky thread, editable by Sencha only, to publicize the hot button issues that are being worked. ...
    And I'll request a public bugtracker. A forum is to discuss a problem and not track a technical bug or describe the progress of the bug.

And for the extensions and what mschwartz described: I think Sencha is moving away from the community. The communication is bad and bug fixes from user side are rarely commented or even used. I remember the forums, where Dev's and Users developed a bug fix in the forums and then it was used in the next release. At the moment often the internal bug ID is added to the subject and a one liner as comment.
    Users now have a problem to identify with the product and contribute, because they don't feel really involved in the creation process (not even talking about solving bugs in an extension). Extensions forum has 69 threads at the moment and fewest are really a new extenstion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname View Post
    And I'll request a public bugtracker. A forum is to discuss a problem and not track a technical bug or describe the progress of the bug.
    +1 - knowing the status of your bug (not reviewed / reviewed / approved / rejected / hold / active / testing / complete / awaiting build for release, etc) is key for those of us who were unfortunate enough to get hit by .0 release issues.

stevil

San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California

I realize it'd be more difficult to manage more than one issue tracking system, but this one would allow forum posters to generate tickets that someone at Sencha could move to their in house system:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254336

This one would be ideal for Extensions:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232993

Sencha Premium Member

+1 - knowing the status of your bug (not reviewed / reviewed / approved / rejected / hold / active / testing / complete / awaiting build for release, etc) is key for those of us who were unfortunate enough to get hit by .0 release issues.
    I totally agree... I know Jamie Avins has said that this issue is going to be looked at by the dev team as a priority, but I have no idea of the current status of the issue. I'm hoping Jamie will contact me in some way to let me know what's going on, but my gut tells me that's not going to happen and I'll have to wait for the next release then trawl through the release docs.

We most definitely need some kind of bug tracking system like bugzilla to alleviate the problems scattered across the many forums and thousands of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I totally agree... I know Jamie Avins has said that this issue is going to be looked at by the dev team as a priority, but I have no idea of the current status of the issue. I'm hoping Jamie will contact me in some way to let me know what's going on, but my gut tells me that's not going to happen and I'll have to wait for the next release then trawl through the release docs.

We most definitely need some kind of bug tracking system like bugzilla to alleviate the problems scattered across the many forums and thousands of threads.
    And I'm not trying to be unrealistic - I certainly don't expect them to implement this midstream in the middle of what they're going through - that would ultimately extend the entire process. Hopefully, for the next . release (as opposed to ..)...

stevil

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks @stevil,

Just to let everyone know, I've had a private message from Jamie Avins from the development team saying they are going to look into the issue and try and figure out whats going on. Fingers crossed they fix it soon!
    @tomb Have you heard anything else from Sencha about this problem?

Sencha Premium Member

@rich02818 Nope, nothing at all

We're still working on the issue.

A known work around is to explicitly define sizing dimensions (width & height).

Quote Originally Posted by abe.elias View Post
    We're still working on the issue.

A known work around is to explicitly define sizing dimensions (width & height).
    for every single component? I tried only put explicit size for panels, didn't see improvement.

For what it's worth (if anything), I've just noticed that Scroller's invalidate is getting called once for each column, even with invalidateScrollerOnRefresh set to false...

stevil

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast