Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [SDKTOOLS-3] buggy Sencha SDK Tools

Quote Originally Posted by rdougan View Post
    It still uses ugly windows-like installer with static linked GUI-toolkit.
    And after installing it prints very meaningful phrase: "Unknown error running post-install step".

And it still contains almost 60MB of Qt libraries in "lib" directory instead of using system libraries. Even more - these 60MB will not work without system Qt, because libraries you ship require libQtDBus.so.4, libQtXml.so.4 and many others which you didn't include in distribution. It's very bad to use one version for one part of library and different version built with different flags for another part of the same library - this will cause crash. So your program doesn't work in a bit old distros and will not work in new distros if this library (Qt) will be updated.

@kite: no, our libraries do not require libQtDBus nor libQtXml. If you ldd it, you'll see. We need to ship our own build of QtWebKit trunk and Qt, cannot rely on the (old) builds in distributions. We use advanced features in QtWebKit that are not on by default in packaged Qt libs. Our libs are loaded by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Installing the tools onto a vanilla distro results in perfect execution.

Ext JS Premium Member dogomatic's Avatar

@jarrednicholls

What platform is the SDK tools being primarily developed/tested on? I want to use what you're using.

Edit: I can't get this to work at all. On all but the simplest test project 'sencha create jsb' just hangs and there's never any output. I tried on Windows and on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrednicholls View Post
    Our libs are loaded by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Installing the tools onto a vanilla distro results in perfect execution.
    I have installed it on ArchLinux with last updates and got segfault. It seems, like in Fedora 15 there are problems with Qt too.
    As I can see you use WebKit in order to only load page and get Ext.Loader.history. I'm wonder what advanced features in WebKit do you need? In this case are you sure that ExtJS works properly in ordinary Chrom with standard WebKit without patches?

The segfault must be from an over optimization in llvm, and has occurred w/ 4.7.2 build on 64-bit linux in a QString function. We do not test on ArchLinux, but I'll add it to the long list of distribution doom (I have 19 VMs installed).

The WebKit functionality is in our image slicer program, not phantomjs.

Sencha User

Hi Jared,

Please take note that the "sencha slice" is not completelly fixed, the button's round corners images are fine but for ex. panel's headers still broken if you use something like $panel-frame-border-radius: 10px;

panel-frame-border-radius-ie.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarrednicholls View Post
    The segfault must be from an over optimization in llvm, and has occurred w/ 4.7.2 build on 64-bit linux in a QString function. We do not test on ArchLinux, but I'll add it to the long list of distribution doom (I have 19 VMs installed).

The WebKit functionality is in our image slicer program, not phantomjs.

Quote Originally Posted by ldonofrio View Post
    Hi Jared,

Please take note that the "sencha slice" is not completelly fixed, the button's round corners images are fine but for ex. panel's headers still broken if you use something like $panel-frame-border-radius: 10px;

Thanks
    Yowsers, I can't even visualize what that's suppose to look like Can you post a screenshot of what the header should be from a supporting browser (webkit, firefox). I'll put this in the bug tracker.

Sencha User

Yes sure, i wrote a simple test case: (ExtJS 4.0.2a, Sencha Tool 1.2.1, Win 7 64)

SASS
    PHP Code:
    $panel-frame-border-radius10px
    JS
    PHP Code:
       Ext.onReady(function(){

Ext.widget('panel', {

title'test panel',

html'some content here',

width800,

height600,

frametrue,

renderTodocument.body

});
       }); 
    Result in FF4:
    panel-frame-ff4.jpg

Result in IE8:
    panel-frame-ie8.jpg

Thanks

Are you sure you are compiling your SCSS correctly, your images look ok, and you are clearing the cache in IE?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast