Today we're seeding a release candidate for Ext JS 4.0.2 to all Ext JS developers. Usually we don't go through a beta/RC phase for patch releases but in this case we wanted to give an earlier build to gather feedback as early as possible.
The 4.0.2 RC build can be viewed online at http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.2-rc3 and downloaded at http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.2-rc3.zip.
A few highlights of this RC:
* The gray theme makes its return
* The docs have seen many improvements, and the guides have been structured to be more comprehensible for new Ext JS 4 developers
* Lots of performance improvements to grids and layouts, informed by your test cases and feedback on the forums (more details on exactly what changed will come with the full release)
* Over 200 enhancements, bug fixes and performance improvements since 4.0.1
While this build contains significantly improved performance and stability, it hasn't completed all stages of our internal QA process and there are a few known issues, notably:
* Disabled tabs have visual defects on IE6
* Button group headers are not correctly aligned (all browsers)
* Form field anchoring is not perfect in all examples in IE6
We are working on closing out these remaining issues at the moment and expect to have a finalized build available shortly.