1. Why is exporter-all.js included if it is outdated and we are not to use it?
2. How to I force CSV export?
3. The store has pagination applied. Is it possible for export to over-ride the limit value so that pagination is ignored and the entire data set is downloaded?
4. What is 'downloadify'?
5. Where is the latest code? GitHub? Is it current?
6. I am using Chrome, and I get a download prompt, but the data will not open in Open Office as an Excel file. It seems to think it is a CSV with a single cell.
1. exporter-all.js is not included, if you have it, you have an old version.
2. Configure the button with the 'formatter: "csv"'.
3. Right now, the exporter only exports what's loaded in the store. You could load the store with all the rows to export everything...
4. https://github.com/dcneiner/Downloadify It's a flash library that allows the generation and downloading of a file on the browser. It's better than a data-uri.
6. That's odd. I'm using libreOffice and it opens correctly... open the file with a text editor to see if it has all your data.
Like I said several times in this post, the readme is not updated and the examples are missing. I don't have the time right now to update it. You are welcome to create an example and readme in a fork and send me a pull request so I include it in the project.