Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgendler is on a distinguished road

Default Content type "application/x-json" in HTTP response

Hi,

I've noticed in the Ext4.* API documentation for the JSON proxy, in the server side example that the content type is explicitly set to "application/x-json" . What is the significance of that? Example is listed here: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/...ta.proxy.JsonP

It seems that the official JSON specific content type is "application/json". I don't quite understand the difference and if the difference significant at all.

We are using Jackson JSON processor on the server side. Jackson does not support "application/x-json"
    It only supports recognized content types listed in javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType from JAX-RS lib

At the moment I have a problem reading the data frm ExtJS JsonP proxy returned by Jackson processor and wondering if the difference in content types is the cause of it.

Did anybody faced a similar issue ?

Thank you very much.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gaellafond is on a distinguished road

Default Any answer?

Did you found why?

I wonder the same. I'm using "application/json" because it seems to be the standard, but the ExtJS examples are using "application/x-json"... I'm sure there is a good reason, but unless I found it I will continue to use "application/json".

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    eric.cook will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by gaellafond View Post
    I'm sure there is a good reason
    Not necessarily. I found the server-side JsonP examples in the Ext JS 3.2.1 ScriptTagProxy docs. It's probably just outdated code.

In almost all cases, "application/json" should be used when returning JSON content.