Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ext JS 4 for node.js: node-extjs4

Default I don't get it

I think it's great that ExtJS 4 and node can produce a version # in a terminal window. But what I want to know is, how can you serve it to a browser?

San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenHawk View Post
    I think it's great that ExtJS 4 and node can produce a version # in a terminal window. But what I want to know is, how can you serve it to a browser?
    Shameless plug. See: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?160128-Announcing-SilkJS&p=702371&viewfull=1#post702371

Default Thank you

I will definitely look into your project, SilkJS. And, maybe even implement it at www.idiotmoneymachine.com which is a spinoff of www.rabollinger.com. Thank you mschwartz!

Sencha User

Default Nice!

After trying Node.js, I have the same idea. I was about to go tiger with the development but then took some time to google and I found that is already happened.

That's a great idea if you would do it to perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by grgur View Post
    Probably all of you who have worked with node.js have had that "Whoa" feeling. If you share the amazement with me, you've probably had good times with Ext JS 4, too. If we're on the same track, you've also wanted to use Ext JS 4 on server side as well as to share the code base between client and server end (for example models).

Inspired by Alson Kemp (thank you), I decided to give it a shot and build my own extjs4 package, override it (remember, node.js is not a browser), and have fun using it.

You can find the entire code, jsb3 files, and a very basic example at github:

https://github.com/grgur/node-extjs4

or install via npm
    PHP Code:
    npm install node-extjs4 
    Please contribute with test results, feedback, etc.

Basic sample:

app.js
    PHP Code:
    require('node-extjs4');

console.log(Ext.getVersion().version); 
    Run as:
    PHP Code:
    node app.js 
    Output:
    PHP Code:
    4.0.2a 

Excellent stufff