22 Jun 2011 3:00 AM #1
Issue with cursor focus on Input/Textarea when an overlay appears (Android)
Sencha Touch version tested:
Platform tested against:
- Android 2.2 (HTC Desire): BUG, see description below
- iPhone 4.2.1: works fine!
- Blackberry Playbook: works fine!
- Windows 7 (Google Chrome): works fine!
- If an text-input element has the focus and an overlay appears (like a alert popup or even the selectoptions of a selectbox), the textfield is still displayed in the front.
- Use your mobile browser to navigate to the Kitchensink
- Go to "User Interface" ==> "Forms" ==> "Basic"
- Type some text into the fields "Url" or "Bio" and click on "Birthday" or "Rank" (maybe you have to scroll the page a little bit so that the overlay shows up where the inputfield is).
Tested in the Kitchensink:
...or with an popup in my application:
Last edited by basty; 22 Jun 2011 at 4:33 AM. Reason: Test this issue on iPhone
22 Jun 2011 3:05 AM #2
(Sorry for the mistake in the title. It should be "if" instead of "when")
27 Sep 2011 5:18 PM #3
Input box has focus when mask overlay is shown keyboard also pops up
I have seen this mostly on HTC devices. I have tried blur-ing the fields Ext.getCmp("id").blur()
I have tired disabling the form when the alert mask pops up and re-enabling the form when it goes away.
I am still seeing inconsistent results.
Has anyone seen this and do they have a solution?
Happens on HTC Incredible, HTC Incredible 2, HTC EVO
18 Jan 2012 12:48 AM #4
I observed the same thing on HTC Sensation and Desire. Disabling the form before the MsgBox and enabling it back afterward solves this. It makes the code very messy though...
26 Jan 2012 2:12 AM #5
This also happens on scroll, on parent panel
When a text field has focus, and the parent panel(fullscreen) has vertical scroll enabled(lets say I have a panel->formpanel), the fields position is not updated. It will overlap the other fields.
Workaround: by "not" having the parent panel scroll enabled, and enabling scroll on formpanel
HTC Desire Android 2.3.3 ST1.1.1
20 Feb 2013 2:19 AM #6
This issue comes in Android 4.0.1 (ICS) also. The focus remains when we scroll and while moving to some other screen. The full screen looks messy coz of this issue.