Thread: ExtDesigner and Ext MVC aproach

Default ExtDesigner and Ext MVC aproach

Hi..!

I am not sure where to find info about this..! I am starting to learn the MVC approach of developing Ext apps and I am loving it! I am a bit unsure how to tie ExtDesigner with MVC so that I can always keep the design task to a designer who simply utilizes ExtDesigner and the logical part to a developer..!

Can we get some sort of guidelines? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Mihai

Sencha User

I'm just starting out on this same path, also. I've wired up GUIs manually, so I am keen for my employer to buy a Sencha license that includes Designer because it's such a time saver. I've only read the blurb on MVC so far, but I have started wondering in the back of my mind how I would tie it in with Ext Designer outputs.

(also adding this note so I can get replies, if there are any, because I'd like to know the answer)

For those looking at this: The new Ext Designer 1.2 follows the path of the MVC already! Cool!

Sencha User

I'm not sure I'd be ready to say "cool" just yet. My first and only look so far at ExtJS 4's MVC was that it was rather complicated, probably a little too complicated for my needs. But I'll have to give it another go because my only other option at work is full on ASP.NET WebForms with Telerik controls, and I don't like that prospect one bit! :-(