I think the issue here is that the panel size is not getting updated when other panels are getting resized, perhaps this isn't a bug...
To see this bug(?):
1) Go here: http://www.xteconline.dreamhosters.com/test/
2) Click the east panel to expand it, but not pin it. Note the tabs on the bottom.
3) Let the panel contract back to hidden, then click the pin button for the south section
4) Expand the east panel again and you can't see the tabs.
5) Hit the pin button for the east panel. Note the tabs on the bottom.
Just seems like the east panel size isnt' getting changed when the south panel is pinned up, so the tabs are below it. Am I correct here?