[DEFER] [1.2 Beta] Un-flexing collapses panel title
Designer version tested: Designer 1.2.0 rev Beta 1
Operating System: Mac OSX Lion
Framework: Ext JS 4.x
Removing the flex property of a panel located inside an vbox container (and possibly hbox) collapses the panel title. It appears instead as a small "blob" in the top left-hand corner of the panel. Adding a height property brings the title back.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
* Create a container and set its layout to "vbox"
* Insert a panel (or panels)
* Remove the flex property of the panel
The result that was expected:
* The title of the panel should remain, even if the flex property is removed. Content added to the panel should expand its height dynamically.
The result that occurs instead:
* Panel title collapses and becomes (mostly) invisible.
This, in fact, is not a bug but the actual behavior of the Ext JS 4 framework when no dimension information is provided to a Panel (or any component for that matter). The Header is within the Panel as a child component (docked to the top position).
There is a hidden (non-documented) configuration value on Box layouts named "autoSize", which provides automatic size calculation based on child components (both in "items" as well as docked). I'm surprised that it's not documented, but it would have likely make your Header (title) show up despite there being no sizing to the Panel. Might be worth posting this on the Ext JS 4 forums as a bug.