Thread: [FIXED] (Linux) Unable to load Sencha Designer application -- Missing libion.

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User

Question [FIXED] (Linux) Unable to load Sencha Designer application -- Missing libion.

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 to 11.04 (both 64-bit) and now I can't load Ext Designer. Here's the shell output:

Code:
    [email protected]:~/ExtDesigner$ ./ExtDesigner.bin
    Loading libion: /home/marc/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer/libion-1.1.2.so
    Unable to load Sencha Designer application -- Missing libion.
    I've tried deleting my ~/ExtDesigner and "~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc." folders and reinstalling but this library is still missing. It re-creates the folder that should contain libion-1.1.2.so but only creates a "xds-1.1.2.ion" file.

I'm guessing that Natty Narwhal far from being "natty" and that I shouldn't have upgraded to it? (I'm already wishing I had stuck with 10.04, but what's done is done).

Thanks

Sencha User

Never mind. I've installed Debian 6.0 aka "squeeze" and all is well :-)

Hey mfearby,

With Designer 1.2, your issue in Ubuntu 11.04 would likely go away. However, if you're happy with Debian 6.0 than awesome

Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit? We'll add Debian 6.0 to our "yes, that works" list.

Sencha User

I'm using 64-bit Debian 6.0, but haven't had time to do anything apart from check that it loads, lets me log in, and get to the main window. I'll try and do a bit with it tonight before my demo period expires, and report back whether all's well. I didn't get time to use Kubuntu long enough before its continual crashing made me look for greener pastures :-)

Sencha User

I am happy to say that it works well. Now all I need to do is figure out how to work with its generated code.