View Poll Results: Is the lack of themes a weakness in ExtJS?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this hurts the competitiveness of ExtJS

264 68.93%
  • No, the current theme options are fine in ExtJS

119 31.07%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ExtJS Lack of Themes: A weakness in Ext?

Vote Rating

Default Not complaining, merely suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by timo.nuros View Post
    Facts:

- ExtJS is themeable. If you need a custom theme, then theme it like you need it.
    - ExtJS provides standard themes, in a similar fashion each and every OS does.

So I don't get the discussion at all. This ain't a full fledged desktop/app/whatever, it is a framework. If you complain about themes, then about what do you complain next?

ExtJS suits my and my customer's needs. That's the reason why I've chosen Ext.
    Perhaps you are not getting the idea of this discussion. I don't believe that anyone on this thread is "complaining" about anything (certainly I am not). I believe we are simply pointing out ways that ExtJS can be improved, and perhaps most importantly, improved in a broader context (Corporate, branding, etc...)

I personally value all of the comments and suggestions that people are making on this thread. This is how good things become GREAT!

So please, do not infer that we are a bunch of complaining whiners. Your comment is not relevant to this discussion.
    Jeff L Greenwell
    Director Application Infrastructure
    Sr. Software Engineer
    Oreck Corporation

Sencha User jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Jeff,

The title of this thread could be construed as a whinefest - without reading the (long) contents.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Extjs rocks. Big learning curve though. But once you have crossed that , it is slick framework for creating high quality web app.

Need more themes...who will say no?. Someone has to sit there and create all that graphics...

Vote Rating

After spending 4 hours customizing the tab panel interface, I knew there was no way in hell I could finish the other components before web 3.0 arrived

I may take another stab on my next vacation

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567