You found a bug! We've classified it as
We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
GridView stealing focus from cell editor
Ext version tested:
Browser versions tested against:
- FF6 (firebug 1.8.2 installed)
- Chrome 13.0.782.220
DOCTYPE tested against:
- I'm am using a grid with cell editing on Ext.Direct store. When new row (record) is added, app fires
Editor is shown at the right position, but a second after it loses focus to GridView, causing it to disappear.
In Ext.grid.plugin.CellEditing, line 402, sm.selectByPosition(position); is fired before startEdit method, though it apparently focuses cell after editor is shown. Ext.FocusManager clearly shows how focus is being switched from editor to gridview, thus requiring additional initialization of the editor.
If more explanation is needed, please let me know.
You can see it in action here:
Sencha - Services Team
Please provide the source code for a concise test case that demonstrates the issue using the smallest amount of code possible, that does not have any external dependencies, that has all needed data available to be loaded locally (using a json or xml flat file), and that is locally runnable and we will do our best to investigate it.
I'm bumping this thread with a working example and further info.
1) This bug seems to appear with grid set up as selType: 'cellmodel'
2) In row selection the editor stays visible but fails to update the field if editor is shown before model was updated from processed server response
This has been tested with 4.0.7
You can access the samples here:
- Live at http://www.grgur.com/extdirect/
- Project files at www.grgur.com/extdirect/extdirectsample.zip
Thanks for looking into this