3 Oct 2011 3:55 AM #1
Series tips of chart. Do not count the window border.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create tips for series. ExtJs 4.0.2
- Hint partially displayed.
Screenshot or Video:
3 Oct 2011 6:56 AM #2
3 Oct 2011 6:34 PM #3
3 Oct 2011 10:09 PM #4
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Sydney, Australia
- Vote Rating
Will fix up the docs.Evan Trimboli
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!
4 Oct 2011 6:35 AM #5
The deafult value for Ext.tip.Tip.constrainPosition is actually true. I think there may be something else going on here.
10 Oct 2011 9:27 AM #6
I don't think it's just that the documentation is incorrect. Ext.tip.Tip.prototype.constrainPosition is true. (ext-all-debug.js line 38437 of 4.0.6)
28 Sep 2012 12:19 PM #7
I'm not really sure how to proceed here. Can I "re-open" this thread somehow by adding a comment or is it better to start a new thread? This one is marked "[CLOSED]" but as I, and others from the looks of the thread, are experiencing it is still a problem. I am using ExtJs 4.1.1.
Similar to others, I verified that the Ext.tip.Tip constrainPosition is set to true by default in its class definition, as documented. However, tooltips are definitely bleeding outside the browser's view in Firefox. They are correctly adjusted in IE, though, so perhaps that's why it couldn't be reproduced previously.
I've included pictures of my own experiences:
1. An image of Firefox when the constrainPosition is set to true;
2. An image of Firefox when the constrainPosition is set to false (so you can see that it is actually trying to adjust its position...just not enough, I guess);
3. An image of Internet Explorer when the constrainPosition is set to true (so you can see that there it is properly positioned); and,
4. An image of Internet Explorer when the constrainPosition is set to false (just to be complete).
Is there some way I can get around this? Can I override some method in the Ext.tip.Tip to make the necessary adjustment in FF? And, if so, how would I do that...meaning how can I change the Ext.tip.Tip class definition within my own source (we're not allowed to actually make changes in our third-party js libraries). I've tried to do an Ext.override before for something else but couldn't get it to work at the time...it never actually used my method rather than the release one.
Anyway, if it's better to make a new thread given all this, just let me know.