Sencha User jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Default What's the point of having Array documentation

It's simply cluttering up the docs. When did Sencha decide on documenting JavaScript along with Sencha frameworks?

http://docs-devel.sencha.com/touch/2...ce/Array.html#

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Wow, someone complains that we have TOO MUCH documentation? Hell hath frozen over!

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I'm not complaining that it's too much, just not "Sencha touch-specific" .

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

I don't think it is a bad thing. I'm sure there are people coming to ST who have very little JavaScript knowledge.

Vote Rating

I see where you're coming from. I think historically, JavaScript documentation has not really made its way into Sencha products.

Not to mention that browsing to it might confuse end-users initially because of the duplication. I might be an edge case, but when I view docs, I scroll directly to the methods. Jumping directly to Date breaks that flow. :-\ I now have to pay attention to the icon color and the position of "Date" in the doc tree.

Vote Rating

Perhaps they should be moved to a "JavaScript" subtree.

Vote Rating
    RWaters is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    Perhaps they should be moved to a "JavaScript" subtree.
    +1

Vote Rating
    edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough

Possibly, or into a guide. Docs are so important and we often overlook complete JS newbies. We have an incredibly exciting secret project coming up to address this better but I think there is value in having the native objects documented in the same place
    Ext JS Senior Software Architect
    Personal Blog: http://edspencer.net
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/edspencer
    Github: http://github.com/edspencer