Snapping Windows v2
There's a really useful feature in Windows 7 that allows windows to be resized just by dragging them to edges of the screen. Well, I wanted that feature for an ExtJS desktop environment, so here's my solution for Windows 7 style window dragging.
The following code overrides some functionality in ExtJS and allows windows to be resized in the same manner.
- Windows can be dragged when maximized and will resize when dragged.
- Dragging a window (cursor within 20 pixels) to top of container will maximize it.
- Dragging a window (cursor within 20 pixels) to left or right of container will resize it to that half of the container.
- The window ghost will indicate its new size according to placement when dragging.
- Windows will restore to their original size before being snapped. (Not working in ExtJS 4 version)
- Adds snapLeft() and snapRight() functions to the Ext.Window component.
- Unsnapping windows will position them relative to the original cursor position on the title bar. (v2 only)
- Supports autoloading (v2 only)
Thanks David, I saw you message Monday, but just now had some time to add a demo.