12 Nov 2011 3:56 AM #1
Border Layout problem in Ext Designer when designing in ExtJS 4
I've just installed Ext Designer and tried to design a UI for my project. I've noticed a bug with a border layout, when project is using ExtJS 4.
Here is the scenario:
- I drag and drop a viewport to the design area
- I select "border" layout in the dropdown
- I drag and drop a grid to the viewport in the center of the screen
- The grid automatically sets itself to "center" region
- I drag and drop a panel to the viewport
- The panel also automatically sets itself to "center" region
- I try to change the region for the panel to "north"
- Both the Grid and the Panel are end up set to "north"
- If I try to change region for the Grid
- Both items on the screen change to that region
13 Nov 2011 6:25 PM #2
I've seen this as well. My work-around is to delete the entire component tree where the border layout is config'd, then re-create it. It is a bit annoying..
Also, this has already been reported. Look here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=borderPerfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...
When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
And here are my terms...
- I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
- I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
- I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
- Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
- By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
- You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
- I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
- You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
14 Nov 2011 12:05 PM #3
Yes this is a bug and will be in the next update. Not sure on timing.Phil Strong