22 Nov 2011 7:05 AM #1
[sencha+phonegap] when does the OS decides to 'shutdown' an app
I have a sencha phonegap app - pure sencha JS code - no use of native functionality. deployed on ios.
I was wondering regarding the following behavior:
1. launch the app and do some stuff
2. press home screen button - app is invisible but still on the multitasking menu
3. after an hour or so open the app from the multi tasking window and app returns to where I left it as expected
4. press home screen button - app is invisible but still on the multitasking menu
5. after 24 hours or so open the app from the multi tasking window and the app is re-launched from scratch (splash screen etc)
I was wondering why is that? I though that as long that the app 'lives' in the multitasking window it is always 'awake' and will return to previous state.
can anyone please shed some light over this?
thanks in advance.
22 Nov 2011 11:29 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Gainesville, FL
- Vote Rating
Would think iOS would probably say your app hasn't been active for a while, I'm gonna conserve memory and hibernate you.Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
Sencha Inc, Senior Software Engineer
Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/
Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!
When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.