Thread: Siesta 1.0 available (Ext JS unit testing)

Vote Rating

Default Siesta 1.0 available (Ext JS unit testing)

We just pushed Siesta 1.0 out of the door. If you've faced issues using Selenium to test Ext JS, then you know why this tool will help you. Sencha community contributors with > 500 posts get 70% discount on the price.

Currently we are doing a 50% discount on the license fee, so grab it while it's hot!

logo_small2.png

Siesta is a generic JavaScript unit testing framework that helps you test your JavaScript code and it can also simulate user interaction. It is completely web based and it be can run headlessly using either PhantomJS or Selenium.
    You can download a trial and see it in action on our site: http://www.bryntum.com/products/siesta/

More info in the Sencha blog http://www.sencha.com/blog/introduci...ool-for-ext-js

Vote Rating

Hi Mats,

really a great job! Congrats to Nickolay and you

I will try out Siesta as soon as I find some free time to test my S-CIRCLES project.
    Hopefully in Q1 2012.
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

Vote Rating

Thanks Tobias, looking forward to your feedback

Vote Rating

Hej Mats

I saw your demo of Siesta at SenchaCon - it looked very cool and exactly what I need - I've also taken a quick initial look at your on-line demo.

One question - our application is currently written in ExtJS 3.4 - although we are in the process of porting it to v4.1, I really need a robust testing environment right now - will Siesta work on a v3.4 codebase?

God Jul
    Nigel

Vote Rating

Yeah, should work fine - I wrote a few examples using 3.4 today. Give it a spin and let me know how it goes

Vote Rating

Hej Mats

I did some experimenting today - once I had the Siesta page launching from the same relative path as my app (so all the relative XHR references work as well), I've got the whole app launching correctly within Siesta, and basic sanity tests working correctly - which I think is great progress and suggests that this is going to meet my needs.

I will start some more detailed testing soon (family commitments permitting!) - I guess there might be a few detail issues with the ExtJS-specific tests and whether they work with v3 vs v4 components, but the overall principles will definitely be OK. I'll keep you posted.

Regards
    Nigel

Vote Rating

Siesta Lite is now free and available for download here:

http://www.bryntum.com/products/siesta/

Enjoy

Sencha - Community Support Team SamuraiJack1's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Cool Siesta 1.1.0-preview is available - with SenchaTouch support

We are very happy to be able to announce the first Siesta release with Sencha Touch support.
    At this point it mainly supports SenchaTouch2, but in general testing of SenchaTouch1 applications
    should also be possible.

Since this is an early preview release it probably contains bugs and we'd like to ask everyone
    to try it and provide feedback about bugs or desired features. You can check the new SenchaTouch examples opening the
    `/examples-touch/index.html` in Chrome or on your mobile/tablet. To run the examples, make sure you have a local copy of SenchaTouch2 SDK
    at the same location as your Siesta folder.

This release also has numerous improvements in the ExtJS testing layer, details will be covered
    in the later release and our new blog: http://bryntum.com/blog

Download link: http://www.bryntum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1902

Enjoy the Siesta!

Vote Rating

We recently released v2.0 with code coverage, component inspection and a nice new UI. Now we've almost got the event recorder ready. Sneak preview here: