Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
a recent build.
Crashing when trying to display a complex grid
Designer version tested:
- Ext Designer has allowed me to create this complicated grid, but it's now crashing whenever I try to click on the form. I don't know what's causing it. (I have copied this complex component out of another project which has about 10 forms in it)
Steps to reproduce the problem:
The result that was expected:
- Alas I tried to reproduce it and it won't happen, but my existing form, which is part of a large project, is now crashing Designer when I click on it (and I can't post that whole project, so I've copied the offending grid into a new project, using a text editor, for you to test). I was "duplicating" fields in my large project, so perhaps that has caused it? I can't afford to trash the whole (more detailed) form and start again, so I need to find out why this is crashing Designer, so that I can hopefully fix it up in notepad and reopen the project.
The result that occurs instead:
- A grid that doesn't crash Ext Designer :-)
Screenshot(s) or Video:
- Program hangs for several minutes, progressively eating up memory until about 300,000KB is reached.
Debugging already done:
- attached is the crash message and a picture of the the project (which it successfully exports) in a browser window, as well as the XDS project file.
- I tried to see if there were duplicate class names in notepad (like MyBooleanColumn1, etc) which there were (no doubt because I was duplicating them), so I renamed them so that they were unique. This made no difference.
Thanks for the bug report. Confirmed that this is happening with Ext Designer 1.2.2 Build 48.
This is NOT happening in the Designer's 2.0 development branch. Will troubleshoot this...
Thanks very much. For some reason I intermittently don't get Sencha forum reply notifications. In any case, I look forward to 2.0 :-)