Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    klausg is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb EventType.ToString() Improvement (for debugging)

Some times you don't know exactly which event to listen for, and the documentation is not always up to date.
    So, you set a breakpoint and end up with
    EventType@2537, id = 19

Then you have to go through all the EventType instances in Events, and any custom defined events, to find out which event it is.
    Why not add a name to the EventType constructor, and a proper toString() impl

public static final EventType Activate = new EventType("Activete");

It will probably take about one hour to do, and I bet it would save GXT developers and especially everyone else a lot of time.

can I get a thumbs up?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

EventType doesn't exist in any of the GXT 3 preview or beta builds - instead GwtEvent is being subclassed for every event, and so the toString will refer to the class itself.

Vote Rating
    Shawn.in.Tokyo is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    EventType doesn't exist in any of the GXT 3 preview or beta builds - instead GwtEvent is being subclassed for every event, and so the toString will refer to the class itself.
    So how do we migtrate?

Specificially I need to create an AppEvent with the constructor AppEvent(GwtEvent.Type<?> type)

I just don't get, even after carefully reading the javadocs, searching google, and searching these forums; what we are supposed do for the "type" that we pass into the constructor.

I've read every migration to 3.0 guide that I could find.

It's really not clear at all. Is the Legacy mvc package really supposed to work and if so how??

Thread Participants: 2