Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
I set to run with default permutations of 6, and noticed while returning user.agent from each browser as follows:
Firefox: works fine
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
chrome: works fine
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.172 Safari/537.22
safari: - works fine
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2
ie8: - loading....!
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)
Here all browsers were working fine except the last browser IE8, as I dont see what kind of error it is.
If I could debug the app, I could possibly make suggestions . If you can share the *full* module file and app, I could try it out and see what is wrong. Likewise if you could compile an example in PRETTY I could try launching it and see if there is any error. Better still, break the app down to something simpler - use the same module file and a simple entrypoint - if the error doesn't happen, it has nothing to do with your module, it is in the app itself. Likewise, if the error *does* happen, then it is a configuration problem, and sharing the module file might allow me to make a suggestion.
If I could see an error, I would go for the fix, but I am not sure what the error is.
Consider opening a support ticket if you are unable to share details on the public forum. But without more than no error, I can't begin to suggest a fix.
One last thought: any chance your IE7 test machine has issues with http://sencha.com/examples/ ? If so, it could be your test machine, not the app... If not, and you can't share details, simplify until the bug goes away - start with the module, reducing it down to the bare necessities, then the entrypoint itself.
I could see the error after I debug as you given in the reply. Here is the stack trace of the error and it reports that the gxt.user.agent property is not found. Though I was added in the entry module like the below.
<set-property name="gxt.user.agent" value="ie6,ie7,ie8,ie9,chrome"/>
[DEBUG] [dev] - Validating units:
[DEBUG] [dev] - Rebinding com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter.UserAgentProperty
[DEBUG] [dev] - Invoking generator com.google.gwt.useragent.rebind.UserAgentGenerator
[ERROR] [dev] - Unable to get value of property 'gxt.user.agent'
[ERROR] [dev] - Unable to find value for 'user.agent'
[ERROR] [dev] - Deferred binding failed for 'com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter.UserAgentProperty'; expect subsequent failures
[ERROR] [dev] - Unable to load module entry point class com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter (see associated exception for details)
[ERROR] [dev] - Failed to load module 'dev' from user agent 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)' at 127.0.0.1:59323
Should I need to inherit the module UserAgentAsserter.
There is no such module, that is a class. This error is somewhat confusing, but seems to suggest that you have mixed versions of GWT on your classpath. Your error is also changing each post - this new one looks like a classpath bug, previous to that only IE8 didn't work, but when you started only IE7 didn't work.
If you can't/won't share a test case for this and a concrete series of steps to reproduce, I can't do anything for you. As has been discussed, your errors are problem configuration or setup related, and possibly something specific to your IE setup, but if I can't see the code and you won't test other apps that work for our IE test machines (like ), I can't magically come up with the answer for code I can't see in a browser I can't access.
I agreed that I was pointed development server through eclipse might have shown different error due to class path difference in gwt versions.
Colin, When I press F12 to change Document Mode to IE7 standards, it's displaying in IE8 browser. I am not clear on this part of document mode changes.
Which version of GXT 3 are you using? I believe that as of about GXT 3.0.2 or 3.0.3 we made a fix that at least allows IE8 in IE7 mode to draw some things, but it is far from perfect, and we still do not officially support it for the reasons mentioned above.
Thanks Colin. We have GXT 3.0.1 and GXT 2.2.5 in the module, as our older applications were built using the later one. In the recent development we have started using ui binder with GXT 3.0.1.
I would try download 3.0.2 for testing in development server.
If you are updating, remember that GXT 3.0.4 is the latest support version, and has a number of bugs fixed (see the release notes) that were not fixed in 3.0.1 or 3.0.2.
GXT3 and IE8 and GIN
I'm updating my application to GXT 3.0.1 (from 2.2.5) and I guess I'm having the same issue as ramgovind.
One factor that seems to be important is that I'm using GIN.
My application is run on a https environment and after the update, it doesn't work on IE8 anymore.
On dev mode, everything is OK.
Here is what I found out so far:
If I choose to do only the IE8 permutation, it works on IE8 and doesn't on all others, like expected.
I do that with <set-property name="gxt.user.agent" value="ie8" />
But if I choose to do more than one permutation, with IE8 among them, the other ones work, but IE8 doesn't. =(
Looking at the HTML sent to the browser, I notice that what makes IE8 not to work is that the following line is not present on its <head>:
When it works on IE8 (when I do a single permutation), this line is present.
I'm not sure if I made myself clear enough.
If you need any more details, or if there is any work around this, please let me know. Thanks!