This duplicates another bug already reported in our system:
dataview.list grouped config option breaks on false
My PR2 List view config had 'grouped' set to false. It worked. It PR3 this breaks with 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'element' of undefined' in the doRemoveHeaders function. Docs say boolean, defaults to null. But that is unclear. I would expect boolean to accept false. I assume null means false though that is unclear too.
I have moved this to the bugs forum and opened a ticket. We fixed setGrouped but this doesn't seem to fix having the list start off with false.
This has been fixed in the next release.