March 26, 2008
This extension has been discontinued! A new extension with the same capabilities, but with cleaner and smarter code will be uploaded within the future days.
* This extension is merely the new-comer after Ext.ux.form.Select for Ext 1.x
Same features are available. To summarize: a ComboBox with multiple selection support.
Nothing much changed on the surface, other than switching the config property singleSelect to it's counter-property: multiSelect. The reason behind the change is to make it more logical when using Ext.DataView.
Since 0.3.6 - it also features history capabilities (the former HistoryComboBox)
Live DEMO is available here. Testcase is included in the attached ZIP file.
As always - looking forward to reactions on this!
TO DO (not in the very near future)
- add key search (Ext 1.x - SelectBox)
- add grouping capability (Ext 1.x - GroupComboBox)
- I sincerely apologize, but you won't be seeing "Mine is better because..." regarding this post. People can choose and make up their own mind. This is one reason why I switched to Ext.ux.Andrie namespace. I want to govern over Ext.ux.Select (sounds like community-work, consensus toward official release) no more than I want somebody else to use Ext.ux.Andrie namespace (personal work).
- I apologize for a second time because there was a "nice" delay since I promised to support Ext 2.x and the current time - release time. To be honest, this switch has only taken one day - today -, so it could have been released a long time ago.
- All in all, I'd like to thanks the Ext2 team - it was fairly easier to implement this on the new framework, than it was on Ext1.
[GMT 14:33 Nov. 5] - Update to v0.3.4 (fixed clearValue, improved reset, new clear button/trigger)
[GMT 23:14 Nov. 5] - Update to v0.3.5 (improved clear trigger and transform capabilities)
[GMT 10:04 Nov. 6] - Update to v0.3.6 (added history capabilities) [GMT 13:40 Nov. 7] - Update to v0.3.7 (removed a faulty JS hack - It's important to go ahead with this update!!!)
[GMT 17:02 Nov. 12] - Update to v0.3.8 (improved setValue function)
[GMT 10:35 Nov. 17] - Update to v0.4 (improvements and fixes + cleaner code; full changelog on the demo page)
[GMT 14:19 Nov 20] - Update to v0.4.1 - LIVE DEMO IS NOT YET UPDATED TO USE THE LATEST VERSION! (Having problems with accessing the webhost)