Thread: Store event on success load

Sencha User

Default Answered: Store event on success load

I have an MVC application. In one part I'm showing list of clients with possibility to add new one, view/edit details of existing.
    I want to load the client list when accessing specific action, especially when there is possibility of entering actions not one by one (so user can access client detail view without visiting clients list first). On each controller actions I put
    Code:
    App.stores.ClientStore.load();
    App.stores.ClientStore.on('load', function(store, records) {
    }, this);
    because I want to show the panel after the store is loaded, and every data is available.
    This would work perfectly, but listeners created by "on" method are global. This cause multiple calling of each line of code written in listeners for load event after accessing any action.
    Is there a way of executing some code only for this one specific store load? The best could be
    App.stores.ClientStore.load({success: function() {...}}) but the specification only provided callback function and I'm pretty sure it's called without waiting for succesfully loading... Can you help me?

2. I would set the listener before executing the load. Further more you can do this:

Code:
    store.on('load', function() {}, store, { single : true });
    single means that the listener will fire once and remove itself.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

I would set the listener before executing the load. Further more you can do this:

Code:
    store.on('load', function() {}, store, { single : true });
    single means that the listener will fire once and remove itself.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User

Thank you! Works perfectly with {single: true}. I also moved initiating the listener before loading the store as you suggested