Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is meant by a version being "supported"?

Ext JS Premium Member

Default What is meant by a version being "supported"?

Context: for now I must continue to use 3.4.x as the performance of 4.x is unacceptable.

A bug unique to IE9 recently identified in 3.4.0 was closed with the header inaccurately stating:
    "Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided."

and the detailed Sencha response:
    "This looks to be fixed in Ext JS 4. If you need a fix for you application, you will need to open a ticket at support.sencha.com"

So it appears that if an acknowledged bug has been fixed in v4, it will not be fixed in v3 unless someone opens a ticket. Question: will it be fixed and checked into SVN for 3.4.x if it is fixed on a ticket?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

We are still supporting Ext JS 3 but through the support portal.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Ext JS Premium Member

Will the fixes made be available to all users? all premium users? only the particular user who provided the ticket?

If it is a bug that breaks the framework then there will most likely be a maintenance build, much like 3.4.0 was for IE9.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext JS Premium Member

Please define "breaks the framework". Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rich02818 View Post
    Please define "breaks the framework". Thanks.
    When the framework is broken in a browser.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext JS Premium Member

So a bug with a particular component will not be released as a new build? Will the fixes for such non-framework-breaking bugs be made available in the svn 3.4.x branch?

Ext JS Premium Member

The following very important question is as yet unanswered:

Will any non framework breaking fixes made through the support portal be available in the source code via svn (or git) so that premium members can apply those fixes they need for themselves?

Sencha User

Frankly, I'm not getting the 'warm & fuzzies' that this question is being fairly answered.

The policy has always been the current & prior versions are supported.

To my knowledge, it has never been implied or stated that support is only available via a support ticket. Further, there has never been some poorly defined concept of a 'framework breaking' issue as the only type worthy of support.

Somebody needs to come forth and directly answer what the status of Ext 3x development is. Dev involvement on the forum with regard to 3x is non-existent, and while I'm sure Ext devs don't want to work on legacy code, the reality is that someone has to do it.

Nobody is asking for major enhancements or backporting 4.x features - all they want is the support that was promised. In this case that means acknowledging and fixing things that are broken.

/end rant

Ext JS Premium Member

I couldn't agree more with Tim -- and that is not really a rant -- this is a very serious issue relating to Sencha providing the support advertised and paid for.

There have been dozens of posts by Sencha to these forums since Tim's post, but nothing here ... the silence is deafening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast