SpinnerField doesn't work in Development (works find in production mode)
When I am using the Development Mode Plugin for Eclipe and add a SpinnerField (and I believe the same is true for ComboBox), the SpinnerField doesn't work. The value sometimes changes with the up and down buttons, but usually it doesn't. If I enter a value and then submit my form, the value I entered is not accessible from the spinner.getValue(), it returns null.
Now, when I compile my GWT and run my application in production mode, the spinner field works just fine.
Now, I took the Ext GWT Explorer Demo and ran that from my IDE in development mode, and I don't see issues. So, it appears it is something that I'm doing that only shows up as an issue in developer mode (I don't think there is any coding changes since beta2 that would have fixed this).
So, I don't think this is dev/prod issue, but actually how the spinner is used
1. Buttons work if I use them before changing value of spinner via field.
2. If I put my cursor in the field, I can still use the spinner buttons.
3. If I change the value in the field, the spinner buttons don't work unless I leave focus of the text field (hitting spinner buttons does not leave focus, need to select different field on the form)
4. If I change the value of the spinner via the text field (and then navigate to another field) then the push buttons work again, however it increments/decrements from the last value used by the spinners, not by what I entered into the text field.
5. If I enter a value manually, getValue() doesn't return it, only the value entered via the spinners.
I can reproduce this with the showcase "Duration(s)" field.
The whole dev/prod issues seem to be related to the use of RootLayoutPanel that happened prior to RootPanel being called. For some reason that must be causing events to be blocked from the GXT components. The other issues remain (as indicated in my reply to my original post and verifying wtih the showcase examples.