When it will be?
A month and a half letting the next version of my system (based on Ext 4.0.7) and I do not know-wait for4.1or not?
Since there is not going to be a date from Sencha and because there will be a beta2 for some arbitrary amount of time I guess the only logical thing is that if you have a hard date to hit then you cannot go with 4.1
You're right, there is still a beta2 -I forgot about it.
So, for now I stay at4.0.7.
Thanks for help
We are considering going live using 4.1b1. This is against our normal policy but desperate times demand... If there are no show stoppers that we can't workaround and testing does not uncover anything new we may use this version for quite a while. We are pretty much fed up with the continual work on internals and plumbing vs business logic and functionality. At some point you need to question if the tool is helping or not. Just going from 4.1a1 to 4.1b1 was quite a bit of work, I can't wait to see what gets rewritten between 4.1b1 and 4.1 release.
We have also been told to evaluate other frameworks for future development. This does not mean we will be switching but we will be evaluating. I did notice another JS framework that has a nice grid which supports hierarchical sub-grids. IE, a master grid row can be expanded to show a detail sub-grid. Dynamic themeing via a popup window. This is the kind of "new" functionality that we would hope to be seeing in a release rather than "breaking/changing" of existing functionality.
4.2 will be interesting. If it plays nice with the existing code base, adds rtl, 508, theming, binding of fields, and other basic functionality that is expected from a gui framework then perhaps things will be back on track. If it is yet another "internal redo" of the codebase without significant functionality or if it does not play nice with the existing codebase then I think the product is in trouble.