Thread: Hiding/Showing TabBar on Android Webkit browser

Sencha User

Default Hiding/Showing TabBar on Android Webkit browser

I have standard Vieport on my application where I docked some navigation TabBar to switch card.
    I also have Login Panel, where I don't want to show tabbar. So I include hiding component using Ext.getCmp('TabBar').hide() when user access login panel, and showing it after succefully logged using Ext.getCmp('TabBar').show()
    Everything works perfectly on iOS devices, PC Chrome, and Safari browsers, but failed on Android standard browser. TabBar is hidden, but doesn't show up after action. What's wrong?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

I would use setVisisble instead of hide/show. Inspect the DOM?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha User

From what I can see in the sourse, the setVisible method is just calling show() and hide() based on boolean passed as parameter, so I don't see how this could help

But I did make some progress . I created some test action with simple toggle button as follows
    Code:
    button = new Ext.Button({
    text: 'Toggle',
    handler: function() { Ext.getCmp('TabBar').setVisible(!Ext.getCmp('TabBar').isVisible()) },
    scope: this
    });
    My observation:
    if the TabBar was visible when the action loads, using toggle button works as expected.
    But when I access the page with initial state of tabbar visibility set to false showing it does not work...

Sencha User

ok, that is strange, it works on android emulator, and different phone with android but not on my device. I need to perform more test, but thanks for help

Sencha User

I found the cause, but can't find solution.
    Problems isn't limited to only Android devices.
    It looks like, that changing orientation of the phone makes it impossible to show the tabbar without whole site refresh...