Ext JS Community Forums 4.x /
Ext: 4.x Beta /
Issue with Ext JS 4.1 b1, b2 in Google Chrome 18
Whether I run ext js 4.1 beta 1 or 2 locally or run the examples right from the Sencha website chart labels and legends are messed up only in Google Chrome 18.0.1017.2 dev-m or Canary 18.0.1019.1 :
Resize pie chart window ---- slice labels move to crazy orientation
no text in chart legend
No errors reported in debug console.
Works fine in IE & FF
Any one seen this ?
1) load chart ---- looks good
2) Resize and labels are bad
3) Load this chart and no legend labels
Forgot to mention, I disabled all extensions, and no difference.
I've noticed the same thing. My chrome version is
It appears that the labels are not being positioned correctly.
The stable version is OK, dev & canary don't work
I've noticed that most of my webgl code only works in stable.
Guess this is one for chrome
Sencha - Community Support Team
I saw that too, personally don't see any point in trying to support dev-channel/nightly builds or other than 'final' versions. 'Normal' users won't be sitting on the dev-channel anyway, and if they are they are aware of the extra turbulence on such releases.
Ext JS Premium Member
Chrome Beta channel is having this issue too (18.0.1025.11 beta-m).
Agreement all around
Supporting 3 or 6 browsers is enough work, let alone versions of each.
I was just surprised they Google let this out the door, and as usual are not responding to the community, but they have to keep the stable version stable.
I am not surprised that beta code on a dev channel browser has a few issues.
I just thought that windows 7 might have whacked the registry and it was my issue.
I did do several chrome uninstall/reinstall and last known good reboot before crying wolf.
Thanks for not shooting the messenger
In current beta, dev and canary channels of Google Chrome my ExtJS 4.1b2 application breaks in a various places (it's a viewport+tabpanel+bunch of border layouts): width is set to 0px on most of the elements.
It works perfect in Google Chrome Stable.
Chrome Bug Report
Looks like this was mentioned in the Chrome issue tracker as well; I went ahead and added some info to that report. Hopefully this combination doesn't make it into Chrome stable.
Edit: my stuff is the 1st comment; OP didn't fully fill out the report.
Last edited by jmitchell.br; 21 Feb 2012 at
Reason: To clarify that the original bug report wasn't mine :)
Unfortunately I just upgraded to the stable version of Chrome 18 this morning and all labels of all my charts are pretty messed up.
I suspect something with SVG is going wrong..