Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for
a recent build.
PR4: Ext.app.Controller.launch() no longer called by MVC framework
in Sencha Touch 2.0.0 Pre-Release 3 (and previous releases), controllers could have two methods that are called by the MVC framework during application startup:
* Ext.app.Controller.init() -- called when the application boots, i.e., before the Application's launch function is executed
* Ext.app.Controller.launch() -- called after the launch method of Application is executed.
With Sencha Touch 2.0.0 Pre-Release 4, the controllers' launch methods are no longer called.
This looks like a bug to me because both, init() and launch(), make sense to me.
Thank you for the report, we'll get that fixed.
Fair enough, I'll restore that
Ok this is now done, it'll be in the next release. The bootup sequence is now:
1. Controller#init functions called
2. Profile#launch function called
3. Application#launch function called
4. Controller#launch functions called
Cool. Thanks a lot.