28 Jan 2012 5:09 AM #1
PR4: Ext.app.Controller.launch() no longer called by MVC framework
in Sencha Touch 2.0.0 Pre-Release 3 (and previous releases), controllers could have two methods that are called by the MVC framework during application startup:
* Ext.app.Controller.init() -- called when the application boots, i.e., before the Application's launch function is executed
* Ext.app.Controller.launch() -- called after the launch method of Application is executed.
With Sencha Touch 2.0.0 Pre-Release 4, the controllers' launch methods are no longer called.
This looks like a bug to me because both, init() and launch(), make sense to me.
28 Jan 2012 8:32 AM #2
Thank you for the report, we'll get that fixed.
28 Jan 2012 11:04 AM #3
28 Jan 2012 11:40 AM #4
Ok this is now done, it'll be in the next release. The bootup sequence is now:
1. Controller#init functions called
2. Profile#launch function called
3. Application#launch function called
4. Controller#launch functions called
28 Jan 2012 11:51 AM #5