I think this is my own failing to figure out the proper conventions, so I am opening this up in the help forum instead of the bugs.
I would like to see List (or I guess probably DataView) type components show their data while in design view.
To attempt to do this I have:
* Added a model ("Account")
* Added a store ("Accounts") with config options of model "Account" and data as an array of json data matching the model definition
* Added a memory proxy to "Accounts" with default config
* Added a json reader to memory proxy with idProperty set properly
* Created a List using the Accounts store
When running this from within the browser, the store data is properly loaded which the List reflects, and through the console I can verify that the records in Ext.getStore('Accounts') are all populated correctly (the expected values in .data and the various id member variables).
When viewing this in the designer, the only thing that shows is emptyText, if it is set - and regardless of whether deferEmptyText is set.
Do I have something wrong in my configuration? Am I trying to do the impossible? Should this be possible and moved over to Bugs? Any guidance is appreciated.