Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: HTMLEditor - Rendering Diasbled

  1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    175

    Default HTMLEditor - Rendering Diasbled

    Hi All,

    I use quite a few HTMLEditors in my application, but this one is behaving strangely. I have a tabpanel that contains quite a few tabs, and a few of them have htmleditors on them. The odd part is that if I set the active tab to one of the tab with an htmleditor, that editor is rendered disabled or grey'd out... If I set the active tab to another form and then click on the tab to activate the form with the htmleditor on it the htmleditor is perfectly functional.

    The code to render the htmleditor is as follows;

    PHP Code:
                {
                    
    xtype       'fieldset',
                    
    width       370
                   
    height      164,
                    
    x           15,
                   
    y           202,
                    
    border      true,
                    
    unstyled    false,
                    
    title       'Project Description',
                    
    labelWidth  120,
                    
    layout      'fit',
                    
    defaults    : {
                        
    anchor      '100%',
                        
    msgTarget   'qtip'
                    
    },
                    
    items       : [ 
                       { 
                           
    xtype           'htmleditor',
                            
    fieldLabel      'Project Description'
                           
    enableColors    false,
                            
    enableFont      false,
                            
    enableFontSize  false,
                            
    enableSourceEditfalse
                           
    selectOnFocus   true,
                            
    name            'projectDescription'
                        
    }
                    ]
                } 
    It is strange, if I make a different form the active tab and click on the tab containing this editor, everything works perfectly.

    Any feedback appreciated.

  2. #2
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    40,450

    Default

    Does the fieldset make a difference? Are you able to reproduce this outside your app?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer
    ________________
    Modus Create is based on the model of an open source team. We’re a remote, global team of experts in our field. To find out more about the work we do, head over to our website.

    Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

  3. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    175

    Default

    I haven't been able to replicate it so far. It seems to only occur with Chrome as well, other browsers render it fine.

    I've created htmleditors outside the fieldset on the same form and they all render disabled for some reason. I've included a sample screenshot showing the issue.

    HTMLEditorDisabled.png

    Should look like this

    HTMLEditorEnabled.png

    All I did to make it work was set the active tab on the tabpanel to be a different tab.

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Same Here

    I experienced what seems to be the same issue on Ext 3.3.1

    Worked around the problem (similarly as user above) by moving the html editor to the default active card of my card layout, instead of on card 2 where it would sometimes not render in Chrome.

    Problem structure:
    Ext.Window
    --Panel w/ Card Layout
    ----Card 1 (form w/ items)
    ----Card 2 (form w/ items including 2 html editors)
    ----Card 3 (form w/ items)
    ----Card 4 (form w/ items)

    Workaround Structure
    Ext.Window
    --Panel w/ Card Layout
    ----Card 1 (form w/ items including 2 html editors)
    ----Card 2 (form w/ items)
    ----Card 3 (form w/ items)
    ----Card 4 (form w/ items)

    I tried to debug the situation and ended up giving up when I traced the problem laying in Chrome sometimes not reporting whether the iframe document object had a document.readyState status of "complete"

    it seems to be an issue that is tied to how these html editors are rendered and destroyed
    i'm not about to spend more time figuring this out, lost too much time already

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •